Hola a todos! We are two business students from Stenden university in Leeuwarden and we are currently living in Spain for 5 months. We are here in order to study at a different university, get to know a new culture, new people and of course learn and improve our Spanish. We want to share our experiences (good and bad) with you and we hope you enjoy it! Hasta luego!

14 Jun 2015

Experiencing business life

Three weeks ago, Marie got invited to go to Germany for two internship interviews in Frankfurt. She got to experience the life that many business people deal with every day. In total I was gone for 4 days, as I had to stay one night at the beginning and one night at the end in Barcelona, as my flight was so early or late that I could not get a train or a bus back to Zaragoza. However, with this flight I was able to use all day in Frankfurt, which was the most important aspects. After a night of not sleeping, I left on a Tuesday morning at 7am for Germany. I was rather excited to be back in my home country after 4 months, even if it was only for 48 hours. I arrived at 9.30 am in Frankfurt and made my way to the city center. Too nervous to eat, I found a café where I had some coffee, water and Wifi. In general, if you ever have an interview, it is important to ask if you need to prepare or bring anything. Also, make sure you have suitable clothes, prepare yourself meaning read about the company and prepare some simple questions. Most importantly, smile and be yourself, don't be the position they want to fill, be the person they want to hire! Luckily, a very good friend of mine lives in Frankfurt and I could stay with her for the night. THANK YOU LINDA!!! you are the best. She made me some typical German food, which was suuuuuuuper delicious and I loved it. It was nice to catch up with her and seeing Frankfurt for the first time. The following day I had another interview in the morning before I left again for Spain.


One week later, I went to Düsseldorf, this time I was only gone for three days in total and only one day in Germany. Fortunately, my mother came to see me, so I was able to spend the day with her, which I was very happy about, as I had not seen her since January. She picked up me from the airport in the morning, took my suitcase (I already took lots of things home, which I didn't need anymore in Spain). The interview only went for 45 minutes, so we enjoyed all day in Düsseldorf with some family. The following morning I flew back to Barcelona, where I met a friend from Leeuwarden. Lynn has done her exchange in Barcelona, we met up a couple of times and she even came to Zaragoza. Thus, it was nice to see her and combine business with leisure. Overall, it really felt like being on a business trip, having meetings and places to be, traveling with a small suitcase and looking all nice. In the end, I got to see a little bit more of Barcelona and we spend the day enjoying the sun. In the evening, I returned to Zaragoza, where my flatmates where already waiting for me. Funny enough it did feel like coming home and it feels even more funny that we have to leave soon....




Lynn and me! :)


2 comments: